The Redirect URL tool will allow you to redirect pages from your site to other locations.
Example: From site.com/page.html, to http://www.lycos.com.
Our URL Redirection Manager redirects a part of your website to any existing URL. You can use it to:
- Create a new URL Redirection by choosing a directory/folder from the appropriate drop-down menu below, entering the destination URL and pressing the "Create Redirection" button.
- Manage existing redirection by choosing a "directory/folder" from the drop-down menu in the "Manage redirection" section and pressing the appropriate button.
Create new redirect
- Select from the drop-down menu the Web site location to redirect.
- Select from the drop-down menu the file to redirect for the location selected in step 1.
- Enter the redirection destination URL.
- Select the redirection type by clicking on the radio button. The options available are described below:
- 301 Moved Permanently - 301 Redirect.
- Redirects to the location you specified in the destination URL field using a "301 Moved Permanently" HTTP response. The HTTP 301 response code tells user-agents (including search engines) that the location has been permanently moved.
- 302 Moved Temporarily - 302 redirect.
- Redirects to the location you specified in the destination URL field using a "302 Moved Temporarily" HTTP response. The HTTP 302 response code tells user-agents (including search engines) that the location has been temporarily moved.
- URL Masking
- Redirects to the location you specified in the destination. Totally hides the original url's name of the specified location.
- Click on “Create Redirection” in order to create this redirection.
In the drop-down menu you will be able to see all the installed redirections. In order to modify, view or delete a redirection please select an installed redirection from the drop-down menu.
- Select an installed redirection form the drop-down menu.
- To view the redirection click on “View Redirection”.
- To delete the redirection, click on “Delete Redirection”.
- To modify the redirection, click on “Change Redirection”.
Global redirection for your domain name concerns the www prefix the 3 options available are described below:
- Visitors who type yourdomain.com will be redirected to http://www.yourdomain.com.
- Visitors who type www.yourdomain.com will be redirected to http://yourdomain.com.
- Visitors will go to the exact URL they have requested.
- Select an option from the three available ones described above.
- Click on “Save Settings” in order to save your changes to settings.